Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 26 June 2013

HOME



"A favorite plate, a coffee mug,
An old stuffed couch and threadbare rug;
A rocking chair, a feather bed,
A picture of grandma and Uncle Ted.

Our home is filled with warmth and love,
Prayers and gifts from heaven above.
Please bless these things that we love best,
O dear Lord, please bless our nest." ~ Veronica Curtis


Hello friends~ Welcome to my HOME where you are encouraged to come and share anything and everything related to your HOME!


What have you all been up to since Summer arrived? Hubby and I have been to the beach and what a joy to be out there again! It's so peaceful. To hear the sound of the lacy edged waves splash upon the shore. To dig my toes into warm sand again. To sit back and gaze up at the clear blue sky is Bliss! We love our beaches!


I've been gathering roses from my rose bushes.


I think this is the best Summer by far for roses here on the Island. My bushes are loaded with blooms.


This week I hosted a Summer Tea Party where I shared a new gifted teacup from a dear friend.


Isn't it sweet?



Another very dear friend arrived for a visit yesterday bearing these gorgeous peonies. Aren't they scrumptious?

Bliss!


I had promised to share my recipe for Marshmallow Cream which I served with fresh fruit at my tea party. 



Marshmallow Cream
1-8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1-8 oz. jar of Marshmallow Fluff
1/2 tsp vanilla
Zest of 1 orange

Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add Marshmallow Fluff and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Add orange zest. Serve with fresh fruit. Yum!
Yield: about 2 cups.




Home is where your story begins.

Now here are a few posts which caught my eye last week~

Diane @ An Extraordinary Day made a French Provincial Screen from found doors along the roadside. Fabulous!

French Provincial Screen DIY :: AnExtraordinaryDay.net

Schotzy @ Wings of Eagles shared a beautiful patriotic tablescape. I love her blue transferware with red table coverings! 



Janet @ Rosemary and Thyme also shared a beautiful tablescape. This one is so pretty and aren't her napkins gorgeous?



This patriotic centrepiece was created by Creatively Sams. Isn't it pretty?

Patriotic Centerpiece


Lynda @ Lynda Bergman painted this gorgeous scene in a skylight. Isn't it fabulous?

 

Thank you all for your visits and comments. I would love to have you share something pertaining to your HOME. Simply create a post and come and share it with us.

"Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let thy love and thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Guest

I am joining the following parties as well~

Homemaking Link Up ~ http://www.hopeineveryseason.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Linky Party~ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits ~ http://www.stonegableblog.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Open House~ http://blog.bernideens.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

22 comments :

  1. Oh to be at the beach, Sandi! I'm so glad you could go and enjoy the sand and the waves. Your Marshmallow Cream is the same way I make it. Thank you for sharing your HOME with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi, I love the photo of the beach. I could walk it for hours and wade in the warm water or just sit on the sand and watch the people and waves. The flowers are beautiful and the recipe sounds so good to have with fresh berries especially now that the strawberries are coming on here. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,
    We used to go to the beach for vacation every year but I have not been there for over 15 years. Once Joe started working at the Post Office, that was the end of those type of vacations,,,I hope we will go back someday...
    Love the new tea cup and the peonies are lovely!!
    Thanking for hosting but also thanks for always stopping by and leaving such sweet comments!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sandi for hosting and for sharing the beautiful features. Your Summer Time tea table is outstanding and I'm so going to make that marshmallow creme..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,

    What a lovely poem. Your roses are so pretty, and I love the bouquet on the white lace doily. Thanks for hosting!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The peonies are just beautiful. I have great memories of them growing in my mom's garden. Thank you for the recipe. I'm sure you will enjoy tea in that beautiful new tea-cup. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely bouquet you made with your peonies. Also, I will copy your recipe tomorrow at work (printer). Sounds delicious! Lovely post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beauty in your post today. Thank you so much for sharing. And for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that marshmallow cream dippie sounds delish.

    Flowers are so pretty, too.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi,
    Oh to be on the beach! So glad you were able to go enjoy it's beauty and comforts.
    Your flowers are so pretty and your marshmallow creme dip looks yummy. I'll have to make that, thanks for sharing the recipe. Have a great week,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello
    aujourd'hui je me proméne dans le
    monde entier
    et j'admire toutes ces jolies maisons
    ces jolies fleurs
    en partageant un bon café et
    une bonne coupe de fraises
    bonne journée
    tendresse
    sur mon blog aussi
    on peut mettre sa petite vignette linky
    edith (iris) France

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, thank you so much for featuring my artwork in the skylight.
    I love your blog and I do love your poem. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the joys of summer has to be roses and yours are beautiful, Sandi. The peonies from your friend are also gorgeous. Mine are finished now, but the roses are coming along in their stead.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your roses are simply stunning this year! They really look wonderful. I love all your photos; very pretty. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your photographs! The beach sounds wonderful.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the beach and envy you. The pictures looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the party, Sandi! Love the beach and the fruit dip looks delicious :) ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  18. The beach looks spectacular Sandi. I can spend hours listening to the waves. Thanks so much for the feature. I am truly honored and happy for the recognition. The marshmallow cream looks delish...

    Hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such gorgeous blooms Sandi. We have record heat here and our gardens are showing it. I make that marshmallow cream and love it!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an honor to be featured on your beautiful blog... I am humbled and so pleased to have attracted your notice... your blog is a constant inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yum. I will have to try that dip!
    Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.